Getting Help For Recovery From Childhood Sexual Abuse
Recommended Reading For Partners of Child Molestation Victims
A Note To You The Partner
It is not easy for the partner of a victim to cope. Whilst the victim is dealing with the effects of abuse every day, YOU have no idea what to do. There will many things that the victim of child molestation will do and say, as well as their behavior that can be difficult for you to cope with.
Whilst most people think of the sufferer being the only victim of the child abuse, anyone who is a partner with the victim will share their pain and have a great deal of difficulty coping in the relationship at least to begin with.
Whilst there are some who will leave the victim under the pressure, others will stick by their loved one through the good and bad. Doing whatever they can to help and ease their pain.
If you are here, then you are more than likely trying to help your abused partner. In the process you also need help in order to deal with not only your partners feelings, helping them recover, but the effects you also have to deal with and your own feelings.
This book will guide you and give you the tools you need.
Allies in Healing: When the Person You Love Was Sexually Abused as a Child by Laura Davis
This book is much needed support for partners of child sexual abuse victims. The author address' partners' most worrying fears:
- The Basics -- answers common questions about sexual abuse.
- Allies in Healing -- introduces key concepts of working and growing together.
- My Needs and Feelings -- teaches partners to recognize, value, and express their own needs.
- Dealing with Crisis -- includes strategies for handling suicidal feelings, regression, and hopelessness.
- Intimacy and Communication -- offers practical advice on dealing with distancing, control, trust, and fighting.
- Sex -- provides guidelines for coping with flashbacks, lack of desire, differences in sexual needs, and frustration.
- Family lssues -- suggests a range of ideas for interacting with the survivor's family.
- Partners' Stories -- explores the struggles, triumphs, and courage of eight partners.