Laughter Is The Best Medicine For Child Molestation Victims
If you are here, it's probably because you're a victim of child molestation and you are;
- Tired of feeling depressed,
- Of feeling like life is useless,
- That there's no point to it,
- You want help.
Is that how you feel? MOST victims of child molestation do.
You went through something nobody should every go through, let alone a child. It's natural to feel like this. But you want to be a survivor and you can be, however it doesn't happen overnight.
Take each day at a time, doing little things that can help. Laughter is the best medicine, believe it or not, and we are going to teach you how to laugh again. In fact there are many tips on this site that can make things easier for you.
The Path You Take Is Yours
Even though you are a victim of child molestation, you need to remember one thing. Everything that happens in your life makes you the person you are. The choices you make, the path you take is your choice, nobody else's.
In other words, you can't change the fact that you've been sexually abused. You can't change what has happened to you, but you make the person you become. Whatever your personality, it is your doing, NOT your abusers.
If you can realize and remember this it will help you on your road to recovery from child molestation.
Enjoy Life No Matter What You've Been Through
Lets make it so you can enjoy the rest of your life. Feel like you are worth it. Feel that you can make a difference in your life. Have rewarding relationships, both platonic and sexual.
Throw Depression Out The Window
Here are some Techniques To Help Get You Through The Day
These tips will help you feel better for the moment as well the future, if you keep them up for long periods.
- Smile more, a lot more. Not a forced, fake smile, A REAL SMILE. Like you mean it. Think of something, anything, that can put a smile on your face. It will probably be hard at first. If you can't manage it, then fake it.
- Sit there and practice. If you do it right, you will feel the depression and bad feelings you constantly live with, leave you for the moment. Keep doing it, make sure you're smiling with your eyes as well, that's a real smile.
- Even when you're not in the comfort of your own home and you're feeling the stress and depression start to build up. SMILE.
- Laugh. Ever heard the saying 'laughter is the best medicine'? It's true in more ways than one. There are people who have cured illnesses through laughter, serious life threatening illnesses. SO DON'T UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF LAUGHTER.
Here's what you do.Get some comedy DVD's. Live stand up comedy is also very good and watch them.
- At first you may not find anything funny, but just watch them anyway. Two comedies a day is good, if you can. Make yourself watch at least one. Eventually you will find yourself giggling. After a while you'll find yourself laughing like a hyena. This is good very good, but it will take time, perhaps weeks.
- If you're not at home, read a funny book, joke books are good. Instead of shopping during lunch break read your book.
- The feeling you get from laughing is fantastic and it is such a relief after you've been depressed for so long.
- Do NOT watch anything on TV or DVD that is sad, or has a bad or sad ending. Don't listen to music that is sad or depressing. If you do you will feel your mood go right back to depression.
- In other words don't even think about watching or listening to ANYTHING that is remotely depressing. Not even if it's the latest blockbuster.
These techniques will help anyone who suffers the effects of child molestation. In fact they'll help any suffering from depression. If you keep these techniques up you will find yourself in much happier moods more often.
- Build Your Mood - when you are trying to build your mood, look upwards and to the right with your eyes. This sounds rather strange, but it helps elevate your feelings. Do not do this harshly so that it hurts your eyes, but gently.
- When you are feeling down, you automatically look down. This is why we have such sayings as 'feeling down' and 'in a low mood' but physically counteracting this with this simple little trick can do amazing things.